The Mentoring System is a great way to level up in Lineage II!
Characters level 1 and higher can arrange a Mentoring contract with a character on the same server that is Awakened. The contract-bound characters gain powerful XP-boosting buffs when both Mentor and Mentee are logged in at the same time.
This page explains all about the Mentoring System, but you can also find this information in-game by speaking to a Mentor Guide NPC in any major town.
Powerful Level 85+ Buffs that are better than any other buffs before Awakening!
Both Mentor and Mentee automatically receive a useful buff when both characters are logged in.
- Mentee's Appreciation: Your acquired XP and SP is increased by 10%.
Please note that, although a Mentor can have up to 3 Mentees at a time, the buff only applies once.
- Mentor’s Guidance: Your acquired XP and SP is increased by 200%
- Mentor's Horn Melody Lv 1: Increases P. Atk. by 17%, P. Def, by 15%, M. Atk. by 79%, and M. Def. by 30%.
- Mentor's Drum Melody Lv 1: Increases Max MP by 20%, HP recovery bonus by 20%, M. Crit. Atk. Rate by 2, critical rate during a normal physical attack by 20%, P. Atk. by 10%, P. Def. by 20%, Atk. Spd. by 20%, M. Atk. by 20%, M. Def. by 20%, Casting Spd. by 20%, resistance to debuff by 10%, and P. Def upon evading a critical attack. Decreases Spd. by 15%, and for party members equipped with melee weapons that receive more than ordinary damage attacks, critical power increases during an ordinary attack.
- Mentor's Lute Melody Lv 1: Increases Atk. Spd. by 34% and Casting Spd. by 31%. Change of applying Vampiric Rage effect by 9%.
- Mentor's Organ Melody Lv 1: Increases Max HP by 37%, Max MP by 37%, Max CP by 37%, and HP recovery bonus by 20%.
- Mentor's Guitar Melody Lv 1: Increases P. Crit. Rate by 32%, P. Crit. damage by 35%, and M. Crit. Rate by 20. Decreases MP consumption for physical skills by 20%, magical skills by 10%, and enchant skills by 20%.
- Mentor's Harp Melody Lv 1: Increases physical accuracy by 5, physical and magic evasion by 5, and Spd. by 34. Decreases received critical damage by 30%.
Please note that Mentees can only receive these buffs when playing on their main class. They cannot receive these buffs when playing a subclass.
Who Can Be a Mentor or a Mentee?
To be eligible to become a Mentor, a character must be Awakened. Mentees are characters who are below level 86 and who have a Mentee Certificate. A Mentee cannot also be a Mentor.
A Mentor can take on a maximum of three Mentees at the same time. A Mentee can only have one Mentor.
How to Get a Mentee Certificate
Currently, the Mentee Certificate is only available through the level 40 item pack in the Path to Awakening, but we may offer another way to obtain it in the future.
- Level up a character to level 40.
- Upon reaching level 40, visit the Path to Awakening page and log in. You can do this without logging out of the game.
- Select the server and character that reached level 40.
- At the bottom of the page, click Claim Reward on the line for Level 40. Please note that characters that reached level 40 before Goddess of Destruction launched are not eligible to receive the Level 40 pack from the Path to Awakening.
- In-game, take your level 40 character to a Dimensional Merchant NPC in any major town. They are listed on the town map for easy finding.
- Talk to the Dimensional Merchant and click onRetrieve a Dimensional Item.
- You will see a list of the items you claimed from the Path to Awakening. Click on the Mentee Certificateto retrieve it.
Creating a Mentoring Contract
Mentee Instructions: Only an aspiring Mentor can initiate a Mentoring Contract. Characters that are looking to become a Mentee can advertise that they are looking for a Mentor by shouting in a town, asking their clan, or posting on the forums. Once you find an eligible Mentor, have them invite you into the Mentoring Contract. When they invite you, you will see an invitation window. Click Accept to create the contract.
Mentor Instructions: A contract can only be created when both characters are logged in. To create a Mentoring Contract, the aspiring Mentor must do the following:
- Open your System Menu, then the Friend Manager, and click on the Mentoring tab.
- Click on the + button to add a Mentee.
- Enter the name of the eligible Mentee (a character below level 86 that has a Mentee Certificate) into the Character Name box, and click Add to list. This sends a Mentoring invitation to that character.
- When that character accepts the invitation, they officially become your Mentee, and you become their Mentor. As you are both logged in, you both immediately receive the beneficial buffs from the Mentoring Contract.
Both Mentor and Mentee are free to cancel the contract at any time. After a contract is canceled, the Mentor is unable to make a contract with a new Mentee for seven days. A Mentee receives no penalty for cancelling a contract; the Mentee can accept a new contract immediately.
Please note that the Mentoring tab of the Friend Manager window is only visible to characters who are eligible to be Mentors, and to Mentees who are in a Mentoring contract.
Mentors can help Mentees level up and earn rewards at certain level-range milestones. Specifically, at level 40, then level 50, and then every level after that, Mentors receive a varying amount of Mentee’s Marks in their mailboxes. Mentors can use Mentee’s Marks to buy various items from the Mentor Guide NPC. Available items include but are not limited to:
- Hair Accessory Life Stone
- Soul Crystal Changing Stones A- through R95-grade
- Attribute Changing Crystals S- through R99-grade
- Enchant Armor and Enchant Weapon Stones, which improve your odds of successful item enchantment
- Super 60 and Super 150 Attribute Stones of all elements
- Enchant Weapon and Enchant Armor scrolls of all grades
- Superior Giant's Codex
- Elixir of Blessing
- Mentor's mystery box
A Mentee graduates from the mentoring contract when the character reaches level 86. At that time, the contract is concluded. The recent Mentee is eligible to create a Mentoring contract five days after Awakening. Recent Mentees can exchange their Mentee Certificates for 40 Diplomas by speaking to Mentor Guide NPCs, which can be found in all major towns. Displomas are used to purchase R-grade items from the Mentor Guide NPC.